The building steps for all SMART-TRIAL products are mostly the same but the occurring differences and extra features that are worth remembering when building a case study are explained in this article.
- When creating a study, select Cases as your product. If you wish to send out the case-based questionnaires through SMS, you can enable the "SMS Event" function in the add-ons menu. White labeling and the translation module might also be relevant for your case-based study and these can also be enabled in the add-ons menu.
- If you want to send out the survey via email or SMS, then remember to select at least E-mail and/or mobile number.
- When creating the process, "Subject Event" and "Information Event" will be the available types of data events you can select between.
- You will only be able to create one data event, but this will still enable your subjects to enter data on multiple cases as many times as they want to.
- You can select whether you want to send a link to the case-based questionnaires via E-mail or E-mail and SMS or not to send it out at all. You can select the "do not send" option in case you want to use the public registration function.
- In the process, you can enable Public Registration which will allow the subjects to access your survey via a unique link that is created for each site in your study. To read more about signing up through a shared link you can read the Public Registration and Re-Enrollment article. You can also enable Public Re-Enrollment in the process if needed in your study.
- When the study is created, everything is setup, and data collection is initiated, it is possible to review the form answers through the site overview.