The building steps for all SMART-TRIAL products are mostly the same but the occurring differences and extra features that are worth remembering when building a survey study are explained in this article.
- When creating a study, select Survey as your product. If you wish to send out the survey through SMS, you can enable the "SMS Event" function in the add-ons menu. White labeling and the translation module might also be relevant for your Survey study and these can also be enabled in the add-ons menu.
- If you want to send out the survey via email or SMS, then remember to select at least E-mail and/or mobile number. If you want to anonymize the survey, you do not need to select any other subject attributes other than the subject ID. This means that the participant only will need to select their preferred language and they will afterward gain access to the survey.
- When creating the process, "Subject Event" and "Information Event" will be the available types of data events you can select between.
- You will only be able to create one data event, however, it is still possible to add all created forms to this data event.
- You can select whether you want to send the survey via E-mail or E-mail and SMS or not to send it out at all. You can select the "do not send" option in case you want to use the public registration function.
- In the process, you can enable Public Registration which will allow the subjects to access your survey via a unique link that is created for each site in your study. To read more about signing up through a shared link you can read the Public Registration and Re-Enrollment article. You can also enable Public Re-Enrollment in the process if needed in your study.
- Another available subject enrollment method is list upload, read about this method in the List Import article.
- When the study is created, everything is setup, and data collection is initiated, it is possible to review the form answers through the site overview.