The building steps for all SMART-TRIAL products are mostly the same but the occurring differences and extra features that are worth remembering when building an ePRO study are explained in this article.
- When creating a study, select ePRO as your product. If you wish to send out questionnaires through SMS, you can enable the "SMS Event" function in the add-ons menu. White labeling, file vault, and the translation module might also be relevant for your ePRO study and these can also be enabled in the add-ons menu.
- When selecting subject attributes for your study, remember to select at least E-mail and/or mobile number in order to be able to send out questionnaires through these media.
- When creating the process, "Subject Event" and "Information Event" will be the available types of data events you can select between.
- You can select whether you want to send the questionnaires via E-mail or E-mail and SMS or not to send them out at all. In case you select "Do not send" the subjects will be able to fill the questionnaires out on-site when visiting the sites. Read more about the on-site fill-out option in the article "On-Site Subject Fill Out". You can also use the do not send in case you want to use the public registration function.
- In the process, you can enable Public Registration which will allow the subjects to access your questionnaires via a unique link that is created for each site in your study. To read more about signing up through a shared link you can read the Public Registration and Re-Enrollment article. You can also enable Public Re-Enrollment in the process if needed in your study.
- Another available subject enrollment method is list upload, read about this in the List Import article.
- There are also some advanced settings available, such as a reminder function and an expire setting. These settings are also setup when creating the process and a more detailed description of these can be found via this link.
- When the study is created, everything is setup, and data collection is initiated, you can review the form answers through the site overview.