Subject event can be applied if the subjects are supposed to fill the questionnaires out themselves. Greenlight Guru Clinical provides three possible send-out options for a subject event.
Send via E-mail: A link to the forms will be sent to the subjects by email and by accessing this link, the subjects will be redirected to answer the forms.
Send via E-mail and SMS: A link to the questionnaires will be sent to the subjects via both email and SMS, meaning that the subjects also can access and answer the forms by the use of a mobile phone.
Do not send: The subjects will not receive any link by email or SMS. This action can for instance be applied if the subjects shall fill out the forms at the place of visit. Then it is possible for the study personnel to use e.g. a tablet and scan the QR code linked to the specific data event. This will give access to the questionnaires attached to the data event and it enables the subject to answer the questionnaire on site.
To create a Subject Event:
- Add a data event in the process by clicking + Add Data Event in the bottom of the page
- Select Subject Event as the type
- Write Name for the event. The name is used for internal identification only and is not visible to the subjects.
- Choose an Activation of the subject event
- Choose whether to send the link as Email, SMS and Email, or Do not send
- Select which form(s) to be filled out in the event
- Force-fill-out order will force the subject to fill out the forms in the order of your choice. If chosen a number will appear in front of the forms, and you can now drag and drop the forms into the order you want
- Now specify Email subject line and email text Content to be sent out to the subjects
- Insert the Link to the questionnaire(s) by pressing the icon.
- Press Save Process or + Add Data Event.
You will only be able to send out the questionnaire(s) via Email and SMS if you have selected email and phone number as subject attributes, respectively.
Be very aware of how you write the e-mail subject line and the email content. Text in CAPS, "unnormal" e-mail subject/contents, and strange links WILL activate SPAM filters and result in e-mails not being received by subjects.
Personalize an email/SMS:
If your study uses the subject attributes "First Name" and/or "Last Name", it is possible to personalize the email/SMS being sent from Greenlight Guru Clinical.
That way the email can say "Dear John" instead of "Dear participant".
When creating the email body click on the icon below:
This will present a dropdown with the options for personalization that are available in the study, from here the "Link to Answer Forms" can also be found - in case the "[token_link]" has been removed accidentally.
Select e.g. First name and Last Name, and place the text where it should appear.
Additionally, the email can be customized by using HTML code, for example, you can align the text differently, you can make the text bold, italic, change the size of the text, change the color of the text, insert a link to a new browser, video, document, and more.
To customize the text, you have to click on the "< >" icon above the email text. This will open the text fields in a HTML format where you can insert HTML code to customize the text.
Outside Greenlight Guru Clinical
The orange ribbon that says "Open Questionnaire" cannot be customized and is inserted automatically by the system.
Note: The link to the questionnaire(s) is inserted automatically by the system.